If an employer is asking an assistant to drive them/ their child in the employer’s car or the assistant’s car, the employer should check the assistant’s driving licence.

The employer will need a DVLA code, which the assistance can obtain from the DVLA website:


 The employer can then use the code to check the driving licence, using the link below:


Please check the Insurance page of this website.  If they will be driving your Motability car there may be restrictions if they have points on their licence.  Check with Motability if this is the case.

Both the employer and the assistant will also need suitable Insurance.

Help us improve Glos Assistants Noticeboard

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.