Dealing with Concerns & Safeguarding


If your assistant doesn’t seem to be keeping you/ your child safe, or you are unhappy with the support they are giving, explain what would work better to help them improve. It may be that there are training needs that need to be addressed. You can find further information in the training section of this website and as part of the Skills for Care 'Employing Personal Assitants Toolkit'.

If you feel that disciplinary and dismissal procedures are needed, be aware of the procedures built into your contract of employment. We recommend viewing the Skills for Care ‘Employing Personal Assistants Toolkit’ when dealing with disciplinary and dismissal procedures. 

Employers can also seek advice and take legal advice from ACAS (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service), who offer free and impartial information and advice to employers and employees on all aspects of workplace relations and employment law.


Safeguarding is everybody’s responsibility. A PA should report any concerns they have about their employer/ the person they support to the appropriate helpdesk below. If you are an employer, or someone who knows an employer, and you are concerned about abuse or inappropriate behaviour displayed by a PA, you should also contact the appropriate helpdesk:

Adult helpdesk

01452 426868


Children’s helpdesk (also called ‘The Front Door’)

 01452 426565

Option 1  - Urgent concerns

Option 3  - Children's Practitioner Advice Line


Please note that we recommend that all PAs complete Gloucestershire County Council's Level 1 E-Learning Safeguarding training. Further details can be found on the GSAB website.


Help us improve Glos Assistants Noticeboard

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.